What is an APRN?
A Nurse Practitioner
A Nurse Practitioner is an experienced Registered Nurse with advanced training in diagnosing and treating common illnesses. In Florida, all Nurse Practitioners:
- Obtain a Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited University
- Are licensed as an APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse) by the state
- Complete National Certification in their field of specialty
- Maintain a written agreement with a Physician who is always available for consultation
What can a Nurse Practitioner do?
Nurse Practitioners are Primary Care Providers who focus on wellness, education and disease prevention. Our Nurse Practitioner can:
- Perform physical examinations
- Diagnose and treat common problems and illnesses, such as infections or injuries
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing, such as X-rays, ECGs and lab work
- Diagnose and treat chronic conditions, such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Prescribe medications and therapies
- Provide immunizations
- Provide education and counseling
- Make referrals to specialists when needed
Should I see a Nurse Practitioner?
Yes. Our Nurse Practitioner is currently accepting new patients and we would be happy to schedule you an appointment.
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics of Tampa Bay
10111 Wilsky Blvd. | Tampa, FL 33625 | Map
Office Phone Numbers
Tel: (813) 961-2222 | Fax: (813) 961-2220
Billing Phone Numbers
Tel: (813) 422-6316 | Fax: (813) 422-6319
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm